Investigating Block Lag due to Player Login-Logout

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Alphaman933, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Alphaman933

Icarus

alphaman933
    As the title suggests, I have been getting block lag due to players logging in and logging out and server tps fluctuation. It is really starting to get annoying especially since I am trying to build a rather large cactus farm at the moment. I also noticed an instance of a player logging in twice but not logging out, I can't tell if its a glitch or not. Screenshot will be provided on request.

2. Faxed

Owner Forum Manager

Faxed
    Whilst I'll look into this, I cannot presently find anything that suggests players are the root cause.

The drops may occur around the time a player joins, but looking at any form of timings report shows that the issue is potentially to do with NPCs or the enchantment plugin. However, to this end, I'm not sure exactly where the issue could be - Given that there've been very few updates, by way of plugins. It's therefore odd for this issue to appear out of the blue.

In so far as the "player logging in twice", I've not noticed this - If it's occurring, it could potentially be a join message related thing dealing with the distributed server setup which we now use. If you could give a rough time (and timezone) it occurred I can looked at the logs.